- another term for Ethiopian ( sense 2 of the adjective).More example sentences
- Palearctic migrants were assumed to forage higher and in more peripheral parts of the vegetation and, in general, in more open vegetation with a higher foraging speed than do their Afrotropical counterparts in their respective guilds.
- Drosophila yakuba has a widespread distribution in the Afrotropical region.
- Drosophila melanogaster is an Afrotropical species whose cosmopolitan spread is believed to be a recent event, with parts of the New World and Australia being colonized in only the past couple of hundred years.
More definitions of AfrotropicalDefinition of Afrotropical in:
- The US English dictionary