- A large terrier of a rough-coated black-and-tan breed.More example sentences
- One of the Harrison's dogs, an Airedale Terrier, stayed with the trapped women throughout the ordeal.
- The Airedale terrier found in the cathedral grounds of Dunkeld greets visitors with a wet muzzle.
- The Airedale is the king of the terriers and the largest of the terrier group.
late 19th century: from Airedale, a district in Yorkshire, where the dog was bred.
More definitions of AiredaleDefinition of Airedale in:
- The US English dictionary