- 1A native or inhabitant of Albania, or a person of Albanian descent.More example sentences
- The Italians and the Albanians had very firm ideas on what was right.
- It is the home of various people including Albanians, Vlachs, Greeks, Serbs, Bulgars, and Turks.
- She explained that some Albanians visited Craven to get ideas to develop hiking and walking facilities in their own country.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of Albania, with about 6 million speakers. It forms a separate branch of Indo-European, and has two distinct dialects, Tosk and Gheg.More example sentences
- Before arriving in England she could already speak English, Albanian and Serbian.
- I knew a few words of Albanian - enough to say hello and goodbye and thankyou.
- Five percent of the people speak Albanian, most of these concentrated in the southern province of Kosovo.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Albania or its people or their language.More example sentences
- The peace plan aims to undercut the rebellion by granting greater rights to the one-third minority in everything from the use of the Albanian language to greater recognition of Islam.
- Key partners of the accord, including the prime minister and ethnic Albanian leader, were among many absentees when debate resumed after being muzzled for two days by the parliament speaker over demands for refugee returns.
- Western sources said final accord on a package of reforms to give Macedonia's Albanian minority more rights in order to end a five-month-old guerrilla insurgency was expected either late yesterday or this morning.
More definitions of AlbanianDefinition of Albanian in:
- The US English dictionary