- Relating to the Italian printer Aldus Manutius, or to certain display typefaces.More example sentences
- In his long commentary on the adage ‘Festina Lente’ (Make haste slowly), Erasmus described the genesis and significance of the anchor and dolphin in the Aldine colophon.
- In the Aldine engravings Abydos passes from the crescent to the cross.
- The Aldine dolphin-and-anchor device, introduced in 1501-2, is perhaps the most famous of all printers' devices.
early 19th century: from Latin Aldinus, from Aldus, the printer's given name.
More definitions of AldineDefinition of Aldine in:
- The US English dictionary