noun (plural same or Amharas)
- A member of a Semitic people of central Ethiopia.More example sentences
- Among the many ethnic groups in Ethiopia, the Amhara are the most populous, representing about one-fourth of the population.
- I had first read of this isolated corner of Africa while researching another - the Amhara heartland of Ethiopia.
- The Amhara and the Tigre, who together represent 40 percent of the population, have historically been the most politically influential ethnic groups.
from Amhara, the name of a region of central Ethiopia.
More definitions of AmharaDefinition of Amhara in:
- The US English dictionary