noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A barbiturate drug used as a sedative and a hypnotic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C11H18N2O3
- Intravenous sodium amytal (Amytal, Luminal, Nembutal) elicited no benefit, but intravenous zolpidem did.
- Well, I'm going to ask people to take a look at that magazine, because it discusses a drug called sodium amytal, which is a hallucinogenic barbiturate.
- They used a variety of methods, including hypnosis, injections of sodium amytal, guided imagery, dream work, participation in survivor groups, even massage therapy to recover ‘body memories’ of abuse.
More definitions of AmytalDefinition of Amytal in:
- The US English dictionary