Definition of Andalusian in English:
Relating to Andalusia or its people or their dialect.
- Built in traditional Andalusian style in Los Arqueros, just a few miles from Puerto Banus, this four-bed, four-bathroom villa has landscaped gardens and a small pool overlooking an 18-hole golf course.
- Picasso carried on working with the Ballets Russes, creating a string of spectacles including a comedy of Andalusian life, Le Tricorne, which premiered at the Alhambra Theatre in London in 1919.
- In the countryside, especially along the northern coast and on the banks of the Medjerda River, the towns established by the last wave of exiles, can, to some extent, still be identified as being of Andalusian origin.
nounBack to top
1A native or inhabitant of Andalusia.
- By the end of the nineteenth century, Tunisians distinguished between Moors, Turks, Jews, Berbers, Andalusians, Arabs, and various sorts of Europeans.
- The aristocracy also embraced forms of popular entertainment that were seen as typically Spanish, flamenco and bullfights, where Andalusians and Gypsies prevailed as performers.
- Reflecting the Andalusians ' Moorish heritage, houses in the region have traditionally been designed with the goal of protecting residents from the heat of the sun.
3A light horse of a strong breed from Andalusia.
- Shana and I train a variety of breeds - mostly Lipizzaners, Andalusians, and warmbloods.
- By a strange turn of events, an accomplished English trainer from Norfolk, Donna Rae Walls, had contacted the Henslees via the internet, stating that she had always dreamed of working with Andalusians in Texas.
- ‘They remind me of my father's Andalusians,’ she commented, as they descended the steps and he helped her up into the carriage.
Definition of Andalusian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan