- Relating to the Andes.More example sentences
- We will climb as high as 4,200 feet in the mountains and have to cope with the humidity of Andean rainforests.
- The Andean Community includes Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela - replicating Bolivar's visionary Andean republic.
- In 1985, two British climbers set out for that Andean peak, in a corner of Peru two days’ march from the nearest road.
nounBack to top
- A native or inhabitant of the Andes.More example sentences
- In the early colonial period ‘mestizo’ originally referred to the offspring of native Andeans and Spaniards.
- With the migration in recent years from the highlands, Lima has become a reflection of all Peru's gente - from European and native Andeans, African Peruvians, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, and Germans to indigenous Amazonian tribes.
- The style is thought to be typical of the dwellings of Andeans who occupied the region before the Inca or under Inca rule, but Frost said initial observations point to occupation by the Inca themselves.
More definitions of AndeanDefinition of Andean in:
- The US English dictionary