Definition of Andean in English:
Relating to the Andes.
- We will climb as high as 4,200 feet in the mountains and have to cope with the humidity of Andean rainforests.
- The Andean Community includes Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela - replicating Bolivar's visionary Andean republic.
- In 1985, two British climbers set out for that Andean peak, in a corner of Peru two days’ march from the nearest road.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of the Andes.
- In the early colonial period ‘mestizo’ originally referred to the offspring of native Andeans and Spaniards.
- With the migration in recent years from the highlands, Lima has become a reflection of all Peru's gente - from European and native Andeans, African Peruvians, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, and Germans to indigenous Amazonian tribes.
- The style is thought to be typical of the dwellings of Andeans who occupied the region before the Inca or under Inca rule, but Frost said initial observations point to occupation by the Inca themselves.
Words that rhyme with AndeanKandyan
Definition of Andean in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan