- A small autonomous principality in the southern Pyrenees, between France and Spain; population 83,900 (est. 2009); official languages, Catalan and French; capital, Andorra la Vella. Its independence dates from the late 8th century, when Charlemagne is said to have granted the Andorrans self-government for their help in defeating the Moors.
- More example sentences
- His 33 strikes for them helped the club to win promotion in the year that he spent at the Andorran club, ahead of moving to Stark's Park in the summer of 2001.
- The assembly, the ‘general council of the valleys', was elected by restricted franchise (only third-generation Andorrans had the vote), and it had no legislative powers, merely an advisory role.
- Many Andorrans still live in traditional, slate-roofed, stone farmhouses, often built against mountainsides to leave stretches of level land free for planting.
More definitions of AndorraDefinition of Andorra in:
- The US English dictionary