- A very large carnivorous mammal of the Eocene epoch.More example sentences
- At least the teeth of Andrewsarchus seem to make it more of scavenger than Tyrannosaurus might have been.
- Also, what did the world look like during the time of the Andrewsarchus, plate tectonically?
- However, the possibility of Andrewsarchus hunting or scavenging in or near ancient rivers has not been completely ruled out.
modern Latin: from the name of the US palaeontologist Roy Chapman Andrews (1884–1960), who led the expedition on which the animal's fossils were found, + Greek arkhos 'ruler'.
More definitions of AndrewsarchusDefinition of Andrewsarchus in:
- The US English dictionary