Indian • informal
- The English language.More example sentences
- Perhaps it might help to identify this English of our subcontinental writing as Angrezi to render it more palatable, the ‘chutnified’ tongue of Rushdie's description, the ‘biryanised’ one of Agha Shahid Ali's.
- Before leaving Bangalore, I did start a compilation,’ A Glossary of Bangalori Angrezi’ for the benefit of fellow strangers who keep succumbing to the magnetic pull of Bangalore's job-market or its weather or both.
adjectiveBack to top
- English.More example sentences
- The placards revealed the protestors considered the ‘desi babus’ more dangerous than the ‘Angrezi sahibs’.
- The Angrezi Raj, as the British Empire is now known, centers in Delhi, India.
- On Radio Mirchi's Angrezi Top 20 this week, Karunesh's global spirit continues to haunt the chart with Punjab; some interesting news on Richard Marx and find out who all feature in Britney's family portrait.