- 1Relating to or denoting the current geological age, viewed as the period during which human activity has been been the dominant influence on climate and the environment.More example sentences
- Human impact on climate has made this the "Anthropocene Age."
- The Earth has entered the so-called Anthropocene Erathe geological era in which humans are a significant and sometimes dominating environmental force.
- Well, if we bring extinction events closer to home, there is our very own omnipresent, continually unfolding, late Holocene (or early Anthropocene, according to some) extinction event.
More definitions of AnthropoceneDefinition of Anthropocene in:
- The US English dictionary