- Relating to Australia or New Zealand (used by inhabitants of the northern hemisphere): Antipodean winesMore example sentences
- With spring swigging in mind, Somerfield is introducing a juicy new range of Antipodean Riesling, dry muscat, Sauvignon blanc and Verdelho wines.
- Word is Will has been impressed by Australia's flourishing Hip-Hop scene and plans on introducing Antipodean rappers to the rest of the world.
- The acerbic Australian, equally at home dissecting serious cultural issues and Japanese endurance game shows, will be reading from his new collection of essays and dispensing bons mots, acid witticisms and Antipodean insights.
nounBack to top
- A person from Australia or New Zealand (used by inhabitants of the northern hemisphere): a brisk Antipodean, she moved with speed and efficiencyMore example sentences
- But later this summer, Yorkshire will have to focus their attentions not on sending Australians packing but deciding which of their trio of Antipodeans they wish to keep on next season.
- As for the Antipodeans working in the tourist industry, Lederer surely knows full well that they are mostly only working for peanut pocket money to top up substantial savings they made at home for their ‘holiday’ trips to Europe.
- Unlike many Antipodeans, who come to Britain and France at the tail end of their careers to fund a retirement package, and who suffer motivational problems, Blades is likely to be fully focused on the job in hand.