Definition of Anura in English:
1An order of tailless amphibians that comprises the frogs and toads. Also called Salientia or Batrachia.
- Of three possible histories, the only one that has not been seriously considered is an Anura (frogs and toads) - Gymnophiona sister relationship, with Caudata sister to that group.
- Frogs and toads make up the order Anura, which is part of the vertebrate class Amphibia.
- Until recently, study of the motor control of amphibian feeding was limited to a few model taxa, for example the genera Bufo and Rana representing the Anura, and salamanders of the genus Ambystoma representing the Caudata.
1.1 (anura) Amphibians of the order Anura; frogs and toads.
- The living Anura are typically divided into three suborders.
- The Anura are remarkable for the total absence of teeth in the mandibles in all but one or two genera.
- The toxic epidermis of some Anura when impacted into a bite wound via teeth & saliva can likely create these reactions.
Definition of Anura in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia