- The Christian leaders immediately succeeding the Apostles.More example sentences
- Second, as he indicates, the total extant works of the Apostolic Fathers fits ‘a volume about the same size as the New Testament‘!
- Irenaeus of the second century was an apostolic father who focused on the restoration of God's creation through the person of Christ.
- Polycarp was an apostolic father, and according to Church tradition, he was also a student of St. John the Evangelist.
More definitions of Apostolic FathersDefinition of Apostolic Fathers in:
- The US English dictionary