(also Apple Island)
- informal name for Tasmania.
- More example sentences
- Tasmania then more or less sealed the game with a 4.3 to 1.3 burst in the third term, but New South Wales refused to give in, and, with much vocal support from the large crowd, actually outscored the Apple Islanders by 4 points in the last quarter.
- Chemist superstores have opened in Tasmania to introduce the apple islanders to real cut-throat pharmacy competition.
- The Kiwi and the Apple Islander broke clear of the peloton very early in the 36 km race and were never headed.
so named because it is a region popularly associated with apple-growing.
More definitions of Apple IsleDefinition of Apple Isle in:
- The US English dictionary