Definition of April Fool in English:
1A person who is the victim of a trick or hoax on April Fool’s Day.
- Don't be an April Fool - be there at 7.30 p.m. Tickets available at the door.
- By this time I was laughing out loud as I watched their man being clearly taken for an April Fool.
- I kept thinking this could be an April 1 spoof, like a lot of people, according to this story, it makes the company an April Fool.
1.1A trick or hoax on April Fool’s Day: they were taken in by our April Fool
More example sentences
- Some may even misinterpret this as a delayed April Fool prank.
- We snared a few people with our April Fool prank, and saw the first signs of house-price weakness.
- Or have I just revealed myself as the idiotic beneficiary of a belated April Fool prank?
Definition of April Fool in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan