(also April Fools' Day)
- 1 April, in many Western countries traditionally an occasion for playing tricks. This custom has been observed for hundreds of years, but its origin is unknown. Also called All Fools' Day.More example sentences
- It seems the whole tradition of the scare has fallen to the wayside, simply swept under the rug and ignored only to rear its amusing and frightful head on occasions like Halloween and the odd April Fool's Day.
- All hoodwinking hounds will truly appreciate the urban myths and theories abounding regarding the origin of April Fool's Day.
- Shaking his head in a mournful manner, he added, ‘There is nothing worse than a wasted April Fool's Day.’
More definitions of April Fool's DayDefinition of April Fool's Day in:
- The US English dictionary