Definition of Arabian in English:
Relating to Arabia or its inhabitants: I stepped out of the plane and into the Arabian summer heat
More example sentences
- Southern Iraq was inhabited by Arabian tribesmen, some of whom recognized the Sesanian monarchy.
- Then, the camera shows the baffled Englishman looking like a lost tourist in a busy Arabian street, shouting ‘Hello?’
- Amouage, an Arabian perfume manufacturer based in Oman used to provide perfume exclusively to royalty but has expanded its market around the world.
nounhistorical Back to top
1A native or inhabitant of Arabia.
- They defined themselves by what they were not: not black, not girls, not Hispanic, not Arabian.
- The Berbers put up resistance, particularly to the edict that both religious and political leaders could only be Arabian.
- They even brought in some local Arabians in his honor.
1.1An Arab horse.
- The rider had led Zawahiri back to the horse, the Arabian snorting a few times at the stranger.
- When she began drinking the ice in the bottle shook, and the Arabian she was saddled on didn't seem to like the noise.
- I prefer Warmbloods and Arabians, if there are no Thoroughbreds, for their outstanding speed, nimble strides, and excellent carriage.
Definition of Arabian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia