- A type of Japanese porcelain characterized by asymmetric decoration: [as modifier]: a rare Arita dishMore example sentences
- The second part of the article about Japanese ceramics is about Arita, Kakiemon, Fukugawa, Kutani, Satsuma, Banko Earthenware and Satsuma pottery.
- Figure 4 shows a Meissen vase that imitates Japanese Arita porcelain; in time unique decorative modes and figurines were elaborated.
- Besides Imari, the most famous names for porcelain are Arita, Kutani, Hirado, Kakiemon and Satsuma.
late 19th century: named after Arita, a town in Japan, where it is made.
More definitions of AritaDefinition of Arita in:
- The US English dictionary