- 1Relating to Armorica.More example sentences
- So when Gaius Julius Caesar (100-44 BC) embarked on a conquest of Gaul (59-50 BC), he set about occupying the Armorican peninsula in 56 BC
- 1.1 Geology another term for Hercynian.More example sentences
- This zone is typified by Cambro Ordovician rift-related volcanism and Ordovician to Devonian subduction attributed to a southern proto-Tethys ocean separating the Armorican - Barrandian microcontinents to the north from Gondwana.
- In Cambrian rocks archaeocyathans are found in an equatorial and subequatorial belt which included Laurentia, and the North African, Iberian and Armorican parts of Gondwana, but not the Avalonian part.
- Heavy-mineral analysis of the sands clearly indicates a possible Armorican contribution at this time but according to Daley they are unlikely to be of fluvial origin because ‘the latter was periodically separated from Britain’.