- The Thursday forty days after Easter, on which Christ’s Ascension is celebrated in the Christian Church.More example sentences
- Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, Ascension Day, and Corpus Christi are recognized as national holidays and are observed according to the religious calendar.
- This event happened 40 days after Easter Sunday, on Ascension Day.
- They also observe other Roman Catholic festivals, including Ascension Day (forty days after Easter) and All Saints' Day.
More definitions of Ascension DayDefinition of Ascension Day in:
- The US English dictionary