The standard time in a zone including the easternmost parts of mainland Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, specifically:
- ● (Atlantic Standard Time abbreviation: AST) standard time based on the mean solar time at longitude 60° W, four hours behind GMT. ● (Atlantic Daylight Time abbreviation: ADT) Atlantic time during daylight saving, three hours behind GMT.
More example sentences
- The data suggests that joining the Atlantic time zone would reduce Quebec's high rates of depression.
- Kate linked to a story this week in the Mirror that makes a case for Quebec joining the Atlantic time zone.
- Official time is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Atlantic Standard Time.
Definition of Atlantic time in:
- The US English dictionary