- A rich sauce thickened with egg yolks and flavoured with tarragon.More example sentences
- It is a constituent of fines herbes, and is often used with tarragon, in Béarnaise sauce, for instance.
- I grew up on steak, chips, Béarnaise sauce and garlic mushrooms served at steak-houses.
- It's like slathering a Big Mac with Béarnaise sauce and pretending it's filet mignon.
Béarnaise, feminine of French béarnais 'of Béarn', a region of SW France.
More definitions of Béarnaise sauceDefinition of Béarnaise sauce in:
- The US English dictionary