Definition of BBM in English:
- All my friends are on BBM, and refuse to try anything else.
- We text all the time and we're always on BBM.
- Unlike social networks like Facebook and Twitter, messages sent through BBM cannot be traced back to the sender's phone.
noun (plural BBMs)Back to top
- A 15-year-old boy who likes a 15-year-old girl, sends her a BBM and is able to measure how important he is to her based on the speed of response.
- My aunt sent me the cutest BBM.
- I picked up my phone and had a slew of nasty BBMs from him saying I broke his heart.
verb (BBMs, BBMing, BBMd)[with object] Back to top
- If you need to bolt, BBM me, and I'll call you with an emergency.
- I managed to sleep in the room by myself for two nights, ordering room service and smoking cuban cigars and BBMing all of my friends back home.
- I'm constantly texting or BBMing random people I meet.
Early 21st century: from the initial letters of BlackBerry Messenger, from BlackBerry, the proprietary name of the mobile devices on which the messaging application is installed (see BlackBerry).
Definition of BBM in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.