nounNorth American • trademark
- A type of boxer shorts.More example sentences
- Just me and him in our BVDs, watching television and munching on chips.
- It was the first time I ever drank beer, and I wandered off because all I could think about was Peter in his BVDs.
- Every afternoon he watched television in his BVDs.
late 19th century: abbreviation from the name of the manufacturers; the mistaken full form in folk etymology is babies' ventilated diapers.
More definitions of BVDsDefinition of BVDs in:
- The US English dictionary