- A Sikh festival held annually to commemorate the founding of the khalsa by Gobind Singh in 1699.More example sentences
- Guru Gobind Singh was formally installed Guru on the Baisakhi day of 1733 Bk / 29 March 1676.
- A sense of camaraderie was all pervasive among members of the Sikh community when Baisakhi festival was observed in Tirupati for two days from April 14.
- Meanwhile, Sikh families in Kunduz can celebrate their religious Baisakhi festival for the first time in 15 years.
from Sanskrit Vaiśākha, denoting a month of the Hindu lunar year corresponding to April–May, regarded in some areas as the start of the new year.
More definitions of BaisakhiDefinition of Baisakhi in:
- The US English dictionary