Definition of Bananaland in English:
- Queensland became Bananaland in 1880, South Australia became the home of the croweaters in 1881, Melbourne became Marvellous Melbourne in 1885, and Adelaide became the city of churches in 1873.
- It seems the itsy-bitsy import's company car was stolen while he was taking his ease in Bananaland.
- On the other hand, Bananaland now has 20 tonnes of apples and 20 tonnes of oranges to consume.
- 1Bananalander noun
- Example sentences
- The Bananalander said: ‘I've come 3000 miles to hear that man, and, blow me, if the heat hasn't taken all the gas out of him.’
- The Bananalanders can fairly claim to be up-to-date in things military.
- Needless to say things hadn't been going very well for the Bananalanders!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.