Definition of Bangla in English:
The Bengali language.
- Bengali, or Bangla, is the language spoken by most of the people of Bangladesh as well as those in the Indian states of Bengal and parts of Assam.
- Sujit Mukherjee's first language was Bangla, but he wrote English like a master.
- As Tilottoma Misra suggests, in Assam the Asamiya language was restored to its rightful place in schools by the missionaries though the British administration had replaced the language with Bangla.
adjectiveBack to top
- ‘And since this will be our first attempt at a Bangla album, we are quite upbeat about it,’ he says.
- Over 1,200 persons including nine Trinamool Congress MLAs, were arrested in connection with the 12-hour Bangla bandh today.
- I know we will come out of this phase because we have also set up a production line in audiocassettes of Bangla songs, which belong to different genres of music.
- The Iranian language, i.e. Persian, was the official language of Bengal throughout the Muslim Period and Persian literature enormously influenced Bangla literature.
- Kolkata has a healthy history of local rock music groups doing both Bangla and English rock.
- It was but natural that the Bangla team lost all its outings in the 8-team event.
from Bengali bāṅglā.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan