(also Barbour jacket)
- A type of green waxed outdoor jacket.More example sentences
- The description of a man in a green Barbour style jacket with dark collar length hair has cropped up a number of times in the investigation into the murder.
- Rating: 5/10 Items can be costly, but a Barbour jacket is designed to last a lifetime - send it back and they'll even re-wax it.
- Hence the same sheepskin jackets, wool coats and Barbours turn up year after year.
named after John Barbour (died 1918), a draper in NE England who sold waterproof clothing.
More definitions of BarbourDefinition of Barbour in:
- The US English dictionary