- 1A pop and rock group from Liverpool consisting of George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr. Remembered for the quality and stylistic diversity of their songs (mostly written by Lennon and McCartney), they achieved success with their first single ‘Love Me Do’ (1962) and went on to produce albums such as Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967).
- 1.1 (as modifier Beatle) Characteristic of the Beatles: a Beatle jacketMore example sentences
- ‘And the wonderful thing about it is that there are no Beatle photographs in the collection,’ he says.
- She said she decided to donate the memorabilia because ‘Clinton is the Beatle president’.
- Keen to avoid the Beatle mania that followed him throughout his life, Harrison decided that his death would be private.
More definitions of BeatlesDefinition of Beatles in:
- The US English dictionary