- A light red or (less commonly) white burgundy wine produced in the Beaujolais district of SE France.More example sentences
- A big, juicy steak goes well with a big, juicy wine such as a Cabernet Sauvignon or a Shiraz, while a chicken dish is better with wine containing less tannin, such as a Valpolicella and Beaujolais or a white Sancerre.
- With Beaujolais, bigger is not necessarily better, but this wine transcends Beaujolais; it's closer to a red burgundy.
- This is often the most intense and alcoholic of the Cru of Beaujolais, with wines that can age very well and take on very fine raisin-like flavour with good age.
More definitions of BeaujolaisDefinition of Beaujolais in:
- The US English dictionary