noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A rich, white, mild, creamy cheese of a kind originally made in Italy.More example sentences
- Try Bel Paese in pasta sauces or melted with a little milk or panna and tossed with risotto.
- Literally, ‘beautiful country’, Bel Paese got it's name from the name of a book by the cheesemaker's friend.
- Although it bears a different shape (appearing as wheels or medallions), Bel Paese actually acts and tastes quite similar to Mozzarella.
Italian, literally 'fair country'.
More definitions of Bel PaeseDefinition of Bel Paese in:
- The US English dictionary