- A rabbit of a dark red long-eared domestic breed.More example sentences
- In addition to photography, Svenson was a beekeeper, gardener and raised Belgian hares.
- I like to watch the Belgian hares eating their trifolium or pea-pods or grass; graceful, gentle things they are, crowding about Mr. Heaven, and standing prettily, not greedily, on their hind legs, to reach for the clover, their delicate nostrils and whiskers all quivering with excitement.
- At one time the Belgian hare was the most popular fancy rabbit, it was responsible for bringing the domestic rabbit to the notice of thousands of people in the UK and the US.
More definitions of Belgian hareDefinition of Belgian hare in:
- The US English dictionary