Having faith in the absolute authority of the Bible, especially in a fundamentalist or conservative way: a Bible-believing creationist
More example sentences
- It should also be pointed out that most of the founding fathers of science were also Bible-believing creationists who saw no contradiction between their faith and their scientific pursuits.
- The Christadelphians, a Bible-believing people, take a very literal approach to the Bible and regard it as fully inspired by God, hence free from error apart from copying and translation errors.
- I have often been asked how I managed to survive in a high-powered scientific environment where it was uncommon to find a Bible-believing Christian and creationist.
Bible believer noun
- More example sentences
- The US newspaper The New York Times has not had a recent history of portraying Bible-believers in a fair light.
- The attitude toward these early Bible-believers was one of outright ridicule.
- The school head is an ardent Bible-believer.
Definition of Bible-believing in:
- The US English dictionary