Definition of Bible-believing in English:
Having faith in the absolute authority of the Bible, especially in a fundamentalist or conservative way: a Bible-believing creationist
More example sentences
- It should also be pointed out that most of the founding fathers of science were also Bible-believing creationists who saw no contradiction between their faith and their scientific pursuits.
- The Christadelphians, a Bible-believing people, take a very literal approach to the Bible and regard it as fully inspired by God, hence free from error apart from copying and translation errors.
- I have often been asked how I managed to survive in a high-powered scientific environment where it was uncommon to find a Bible-believing Christian and creationist.
Bible believer noun
- Example sentences
- The US newspaper The New York Times has not had a recent history of portraying Bible-believers in a fair light.
- The attitude toward these early Bible-believers was one of outright ridicule.
- The school head is an ardent Bible-believer.
Definition of Bible-believing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan