- A member or supporter of the John Birch Society, an extreme right-wing and anti-communist American organization founded in 1958.More example sentences
- Beinart is bravely trying to do for liberalism what another magazine editor - the National Review's William Buckley - did for conservatism by excommunicating the Birchers from the conservative movement.
- But Buckley's task was easier than Beinart's will be because the Birchers were never remotely as central to the Republican base as the Moore-MoveOn faction is to the Democratic base.
- William F. Buckley and other mainstream conservatives spent years isolating and discrediting the Birchers.
from the name of John Birch, a USAF officer and ‘first casualty of the Cold War’, killed by Chinese communists in 1945.
More definitions of BircherDefinition of Bircher in:
- The US English dictionary