noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A pale blue adhesive substance typically used to attach paper to walls or other hard surfaces: you needn’t invest in permanent notices: slips of paper and Blu-Tack will doMore example sentences
- The Care Quality Commission stressed that it has not banned magazines from waiting rooms, or set any rules about Blu-Tack.
- We had posters displayed on most estates, taped or stuck up with Blu-Tack, and they stayed up.
- Blu-Tack, which kept the posters from falling off my walls in college, is not just a handy tool, it's an art medium.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Attach (something) to a wall or other hard surface using Blu-Tack: he’s Blu-Tacked a large map of the British Isles to his wallMore example sentences
- We ended up taking the pics with the prints Blu-Tacked to the windows in the back garden.
- A Respect poster is Blu-Tacked to his shop window.
- The daubs and scrawls of the pupils were still Blu-Tacked to the walls of the classrooms.