Definition of Blue Book in English:
1(In the UK) a report bound in a blue cover and issued by Parliament or the Privy Council.
- Much of it, and that often the most revealing and significant is not what appears in… speeches, reports, and blue books.
- Sources said yesterday that no precise forecasts would be made until after the publication of the so-called blue book, which will revise growth figures back to 1994.
- One has to assume, does one not, that in certifying the agreement, the Commission proceeded on the basis of, is it section 89 in the blue book - I am lost again - section 89?
1.1(In the US) an official book listing government officials.
- It also has lists government offices and administrative bodies and is a useful supplement to the Blue Book.
- The biographical data on assemblymen has been compiled from the California Blue Book for the years 1893-1911.
- One of the many books we receive at the newspaper office is the Mississippi Blue Book, the official and statistical register for our great state.
Definition of Blue Book in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.