noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A standard for the short-range wireless interconnection of mobile phones, computers, and other electronic devices.More example sentences
- Driving that growth was the increasing installation of Bluetooth into mobile phones.
- Some printers and digital cameras can connect to computers wirelessly using Bluetooth.
- A high speed urban wireless network based on Bluetooth is launching this week in Manchester.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Send (a photograph or other piece of data) from one electronic device to another via Bluetooth: I took a quick picture with my mobile and Bluetoothed it across to my laptopMore example sentences
- That video was Bluetoothed from one phone to another and eventually handed to police.
- Does anyone know how I can Bluetooth ringtones from my BlackBerry to another phone?
- The mobile music industry needs to make the legal experience of Bluetoothing music user-friendly and fairly priced, so those seeking music won't try to do it illegally.
1990s: said to be named after King Harald Bluetooth (910–85), credited with uniting Denmark and Norway, as Bluetooth technology unifies the telecommunications and computing industries.
More definitions of BluetoothDefinition of Bluetooth in:
- The US English dictionary