Definition of Bluetooth in English:
noun[mass noun] trademark
A standard for the short-range wireless interconnection of mobile phones, computers, and other electronic devices.
- Driving that growth was the increasing installation of Bluetooth into mobile phones.
- Some printers and digital cameras can connect to computers wirelessly using Bluetooth.
- A high speed urban wireless network based on Bluetooth is launching this week in Manchester.
verb[with object] Back to top
Send (a photograph or other piece of data) from one electronic device to another via Bluetooth: I took a quick picture with my mobile and Bluetoothed it across to my laptop
More example sentences
- That video was Bluetoothed from one phone to another and eventually handed to police.
- Does anyone know how I can Bluetooth ringtones from my BlackBerry to another phone?
- The mobile music industry needs to make the legal experience of Bluetoothing music user-friendly and fairly priced, so those seeking music won't try to do it illegally.
1990s: said to be named after King Harald Bluetooth (910–85), credited with uniting Denmark and Norway, as Bluetooth technology unifies the telecommunications and computing industries.
Definition of Bluetooth in:
- US English dictionary