• informal , • dated
- 1A German, especially a soldier.More example sentences
- The rest of the movie unspools in flashback with the younger Jacques defying les Boches.
- I remember the day he and I got on that boat to go and fight the Boches.
- For my part I can't wait to kill the largest possible number of Boches.
- 1.1 (the Boche) Germans, especially German soldiers, considered collectively.More example sentences
- Whole village will be burned by tonight by Boche if materials for them are not provided by populace.
- Then the Boche tried a trick.
- Let's stop beefing about the Boche
adjectiveBack to top
- German.More example sentences
- Again the Boche platoon chiefs in answer to their leaders called out, "hier."
French soldiers' slang, originally in the sense 'rascal', later used in the First World War meaning 'German'.
More definitions of BocheDefinition of Boche in:
- The US English dictionary