- The official service book of the Church of England, compiled by Thomas Cranmer and others, first issued in 1549, and largely unchanged since the revision of 1662. See also Alternative Service Book.More example sentences
- The Church of England adopted The Book of Common Prayer compiled by Thomas Cranmer.
- Being the fifth Sunday of the month, there will be a ‘new’ Holy Communion from the Book of Common Prayer in All Saints Church, Ballinakill, on Sunday, October 31.
- That is the question the man is asked in the traditional wedding service according to The Book of Common Prayer.
More definitions of Book of Common PrayerDefinition of Book of Common Prayer in:
- The US English dictionary