- A common working sheepdog, typically with a black-and-white coat, of a medium-sized breed originating near the border between England and Scotland.More example sentences
- Being a Border collie, or ‘Sheep dog’, one of the hardest working dogs today, he was never trained.
- Such a dog is Devon, a two-year-old Border collie whom Katz describes as ‘equal parts manic and panic’ but nevertheless adopts over the objections of his wife and the initial astonishment of his two Labs.
- That changed when they got Jessie, a Border collie and black Labrador mix, who has since accompanied Field to work every day for five years.
More definitions of Border collieDefinition of Border collie in:
- The US English dictionary