nounNorth American • humorous
- A resort area in the Catskill Mountains frequented particularly by Jewish people of eastern European origin: [as modifier]: Borscht Belt comediansMore example sentences
- He may be the last link to the old Borscht Belt comedians, the old Vegas, the old nightclubs and stage shows, the real swank days of lounge culture.
- The nasal Borscht Belt shtick was tired in the movie, but on stage it's irritating.
- The Borscht Belt was where 9-year-old Ames had his first gig, when a ‘Jackie Mason type’ took Jonathan for an easy mark, only to get a wisecrack in response.
More definitions of Borscht BeltDefinition of Borscht Belt in:
- The US English dictionary