Definition of Botox in English:
noun[mass noun] trademark
A drug prepared from botulin, used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralysing facial muscles.
- Some physicians are using Botox to treat facial wrinkles that aren't caused by frowning.
- Introduced here in 1994, Botox is injected to paralyse the muscles in the forehead, round the eyes or in the neck.
- The Botox gets rid of wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that contract and crease the skin.
1990s: from botulinum toxin.
- Example sentences
- Some people love the facelift for such touches as the swirling tile time line that portrays the town's history, while others feel that their beach town has been Botoxed.
- The brow may be Botoxed, but the spirit is unbowed.
- Maybe I can get Botoxed or have my lips injected or something.
Definition of Botox in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan