- The complex sacrificial religion that emerged in post-Vedic India (circa 900 bc) under the influence of the dominant priesthood (Brahmans), an early stage in the development of Hinduism.More example sentences
- In Thailand, our Hindu tradition is called Brahmanism, after the Brahmanas, the second book of the Vedas which describe ritual worship.
- Religious groups such as Buddhism, Brahmanism, Hinduism, Jainism, The Seventh Day Adventists and The Trappist Monks of the Roman Catholic Church all promote a vegetarian diet.
- Sacrificial Brahminism was especially condemned and the ritual of worship was simplified.
More definitions of BrahmanismDefinition of Brahmanism in:
- The US English dictionary