Definition of Brit in English:
A British person.
- I tend to think of the Guardian as a British publication, really of interest only to us Brits.
- I'm not one of these Brits abroad who rushes each morning to find a British newspaper.
- It would be nice if there were some actual Brits in the cast, instead of all these colonials.
adjectiveBack to top
- In 1990 the British Art Show was a herald of the coming of Brit art.
- So York traders, parking charges aren't a threat to your businesses - Brit binge drinking culture is much more serious.
- A role in that other teen Brit landmark Quadrophenia followed, and Winstone seemed destined to become a new star of British cinema.
Early 20th century: abbreviation.
Words that rhyme with Britacquit, admit, backlit, bedsit, befit, bit, Britt, chit, commit, demit, dit, emit, fit, flit, frit, git, grit, hit, intermit, it, kit, knit, legit, lickety-split, lit, manumit, mishit, mitt, nit, omit, outsit, outwit, permit, pit, Pitt, pretermit, quit, remit, retrofit, sit, skit, slit, snit, spit, split, sprit, squit, submit, transmit, twit, whit, wit, writ, zit
Definition of Brit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan