Definition of Brit in English:
A British person.
- I tend to think of the Guardian as a British publication, really of interest only to us Brits.
- I'm not one of these Brits abroad who rushes each morning to find a British newspaper.
- It would be nice if there were some actual Brits in the cast, instead of all these colonials.
adjectiveBack to top
- In 1990 the British Art Show was a herald of the coming of Brit art.
- So York traders, parking charges aren't a threat to your businesses - Brit binge drinking culture is much more serious.
- A role in that other teen Brit landmark Quadrophenia followed, and Winstone seemed destined to become a new star of British cinema.
Early 20th century: abbreviation.
Words that rhyme with Britacquit, admit, backlit, bedsit, befit, bit, Britt, chit, commit, demit, dit, emit, fit, flit, frit, git, grit, hit, intermit, it, kit, knit, legit, lickety-split, lit, manumit, mishit, mitt, nit, omit, outsit, outwit, permit, pit, Pitt, pretermit, quit, remit, retrofit, sit, skit, slit, snit, spit, split, sprit, squit, submit, transmit, twit, whit, wit, writ, zit
Definition of Brit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.