- A silvery alloy consisting of tin with about 5-15 per cent antimony and usually some copper, lead, or zinc.More example sentences
- The taps, of copper, silver and Britannia metal, were designed by one of the most important English Arts and Crafts metalworkers, Nelson Dawson.
- When Hornsby's dates are lengthened to the 1770s, the period is one in which pewterers faced increased competition from delftware and glass, and later from silverplate and Britannia metal.
- In a series of tabletop articles designed in Britannia metal, he shifts from the decorated surface to pure shapes: Handles are squared; bowls become perfect spheres; Euclidean geometry prevails.
More definitions of Britannia metalDefinition of Britannia metal in:
- The US English dictionary