- The amount of heat needed to raise 1 lb of water at maximum density through one degree Fahrenheit, equivalent to 1.055 × 103 joules.More example sentences
- The gas, amounting to 243.27 trillion British thermal units in total, will come from Rancak, Pagerungan and Terang Sirasun fields in the province.
- Most energy companies use natural gas to fire their generators, and the industrial price of natural gas has climbed to $7.22 per million British thermal units from $6.05 a year earlier.
- Propane heaters are rated in British thermal units, and are typically found in the 10,000 to 50,000 BTU range (larger sizes are also available).
More definitions of British thermal unitDefinition of British thermal unit in:
- The US English dictionary