- Huge; gigantic: a beam engine of Brobdingnagian proportionsMore example sentences
- Huge great Brobdingnagian wooden doors open to the King's Cross building site, giving light and air of fair to middling quality.
- Everything is of Brobdingnagian proportions.
- Yet half a boot is still man-tall, which suggests the Brobdingnagian proportions of the vanished monument.
nounBack to top
- A giant.More example sentences
- He never quite stayed still, peeking out of the cattails to eye this Brobdingnagian and see whether it meant any harm.
- A limber Brobdingnagian hulked about Paris last week.
- The Brobdingnagians could, if they wished, dominate through their superior size, but they do not.
early 18th century: from Brobdingnag, the name given by Swift (in Gulliver's Travels) to a land where everything is of huge size, + -ian.
More definitions of BrobdingnagianDefinition of Brobdingnagian in:
- The US English dictionary