Definition of Brown Betty in English:
1North American A baked pudding made with apples or other fruit and breadcrumbs.
- I kept reminding myself to pick up a Brown Betty while we were out.
- Apple Brown Betty is one of the oldest desserts in American culinary history, dating back to colonial times.
- The most familiar one is the Apple Brown Betty, made with sliced apples and brown sugar.
2British A large brown earthenware teapot.
- 800220 With history that goes back to the 1600s, the Brown Betty is reputed to make the best pot of tea in the world.
- We obviously also like Beehouse pots, which are perfect for two and three cups of tea, as well as Yixing and, of course, the Brown Bettys, to name a few.
- It turns out that the Brown Bettys that we sell (traditional British teapots) are cheaper than the ones on the east side.
Definition of Brown Betty in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan