Definition of Brown Betty in English:
1North American A baked pudding made with apples or other fruit and breadcrumbs.
- I kept reminding myself to pick up a Brown Betty while we were out.
- Apple Brown Betty is one of the oldest desserts in American culinary history, dating back to colonial times.
- The most familiar one is the Apple Brown Betty, made with sliced apples and brown sugar.
2British A large brown earthenware teapot.
- 800220 With history that goes back to the 1600s, the Brown Betty is reputed to make the best pot of tea in the world.
- We obviously also like Beehouse pots, which are perfect for two and three cups of tea, as well as Yixing and, of course, the Brown Bettys, to name a few.
- It turns out that the Brown Bettys that we sell (traditional British teapots) are cheaper than the ones on the east side.
Definition of Brown Betty in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.